Mastercard Working Session on Cardholder-Facing Declines
Sign in or register to watch the replay.
Issuers are spending a lot of money and resources managing calls into their call centers when an order is declined by a merchant, even though it was never sent to the issuer.
The messages to cardholders from merchants are often generic, such as, “Your order has a problem.” This results in the cardholder contacting their issuer, even though that issuer has no information about the order as they never received the transaction.
This session covers:
- Mastercard’s overview of the problem
- The issuer’s perspective, their associated costs, and the negative impact to customer experience
- Merchants who have implemented response codes effectively
- Challenges from a merchant’s perspective on getting excessively descriptive on decline responses
- Proposed solutions/ideas/strategies