First-Party Misuse Essentials
First-party misuse is a widespread form of fraud committed by customers, and it impacts eCommerce merchants on a massive scale. Understanding this complex problem is critical for anyone interested in learning about fraud prevention.This course was developed by the MRC and peer-reviewed by the MRC Education Committee. Graduates of this course will earn 1 CPE credit.
Upon completion, graduates from the First-Party Misuse Essentials course will be able to:
- Define First-Party Misuse
- Recognize why First-Party Misuse is an issue that needs to be addressed
- Identify cardholder motivations for submitting First-Party Misuse disputes
- Differentiate types of First-Party Misuse
- Classify evidence criteria needed to measure First-Party Misuse
- Calculate the percentage of chargebacks coded as fraud that are the result of First-Party Misuse
- Outline best practice strategies for merchants, issuers, and card networks to prevent first-party misuse
The First-Party Misuse Essentials course is priced at US$75 for MRC members (plus applicable taxes). Non-members may take the course at the non-member price of US$150 (plus applicable taxes).
Sign up for First-Party Misuse Essentials today.
RAPID Edu Accreditation
The Merchant Risk Council is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: nasbaregistry.org
RAPID Edu Refund Policy
For the Rapid EDU program self-study courses, refunds and cancellations are determined on a case-by-case basis. Cancellations and requests for refunds must be communicated in writing to email@example.com. Refunds will not be issued once a course has been started. Additionally, courses must be completed within one year of the course enrollment date.