Global Sales and Business Development Manager
Merchant Risk Council
December 07, 2022
MRC is seeking a Global Sales and Business Development Manager to engage with a customer base consisting of senior level executives and marketing teams from the world’s most important and largest payment and fraud prevention solution provider companies. This position will be responsible for developing new business opportunities and expanding existing business among our 100+ solution provider members. Working across the MRC teams they will package and sell MRC’s growing portfolio of sponsorships, products, and services to the four regions MRC currently serves, US, Europe, APAC and LATAM.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Depends on experience and skills
Qualifications and skills:
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working with the Events, Membership and Program teams, the position is responsible for the full sales cycle. This includes showcasing MRC’s opportunities for sponsorship and engagement, securing the contracts and monitoring receipt of payment.
This role will be responsible for the pricing component of MRC’s offerings, ensuring we deliver value through competitive and consistent pricing of products and services.
Engaging in quarterly meetings with existing partners will serve to educate them on new offerings and foster continued engagement across all product and service lines. This role will assist the membership team in identifying and bringing on new partnerships.
What does MRC have to offer our solution provider members (what will you be selling)?
Event Sponsorship and Exhibits
- Annual Conferences: Singapore
- Member-only Conferences: USA, Greece, and Melbourne
- Summits: Virtual global events for the membership on trending topics – 4 per year
- Connects: Network and Learn ~50 person events, 1 per quarter per region
Education Platform and Certification
- RAPID Edu Educational Courses
- Partnerships to sponsor and create content for MRC courses
- Co-brand existing courses with partners to offer courses to their clients
- Engage companies with an interest to white-label and sell our content directly
- Locate partnerships where MRC can resell Solution Provider content
- Bulk subscription sales to members/non-members for use in department wide training
- Research Solution provider involvement in promotion/resell of certification
- Opportunities to partner with universities (long term strategy)
- Year-Round Exhibit Hall (Launching in January 2023)
- Directory of services in the payment and fraud prevention industry
- Upsell enhanced content listings that help our partners generate leads
- MRC Award Program
- Sponsorships surrounding the award categories and entries as well as the annual event
- Solution Provider
- Industry Partner
Expectations of the Role
- Hold quarterly meetings with all Solution Provider members to review opportunities and customize packages that meet their needs.
- Join Membership team members on new member prospect calls.
- Work cross-departmentally to set pricing and packaging of MRC’s available products.
- Strategically identify new sponsor opportunities that bring value to MRC members
- Identify opportunities for prospecting new business, creating and executing campaigns to engage new business.
- Work with the marketing team to create sponsorship brochures, marketing messaging, and supporting materials to support sales.
- Identify and secure mutually beneficial partnerships that support the MRC mission.
- Research and identify opportunities for reselling of MRC educational programs.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must have at least 2 years experience managing channel/business development
- Must have 5 years experience in B2B sales
- Must be revenue oriented, please submit examples of sales targets and how you met/exceeded them
- 2+ years experience in the eCommerce Payments and Fraud Prevention industry
- Must be detail oriented with exceptional follow-up
- Salesforce experience a plus, CRM experience required
Work Location: Remote/U.S. (Preference given to MA, PA, GA, OR, OK, WA, TX, VA, CO, IL, FL, CT, NM)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible remote schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development budget annually
- International safety protocols will be required to be followed.
- MRC has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees required to travel are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (two vaccinations and a booster), unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.